Saturday, June 29, 2013

My 400th Post

Since this is, indeed, my 400th post (go me!), I decided to celebrate it in a special way. In the past, when I have reached a nice milestone, I have celebrated by doing a Tolkien tribute of somesort, usually if not always complete with pictures. This time, I have decided that since all of my posts are generally Tolkien tributes I should mix things up a bit.

So today I am troping myself. Get ready to click on links, folks, because here I go.

Altum Videtur - Why, yes, everything does sound better in Latin.

Apologizes A Lot - At least, cashiers and other people get this a lot from me.

Berserk Button - Swearing. I can't stand it. I nearly once hit a guy with my umbrella for it. (It was a rainy day; that is why I had my umbrella out.) Thing is, he wasn't even talking to me. He was just walking by with his buddies.

Beware the Nice Ones - I say, "Good morning," to all the bus drivers and never fail to tell a cashier, "Thank you." I generally try to be a nice little clueless student. But if you insult my family or my faith... hoo, boy... prepare for me to drop a can of logic on you.

Bookworm - Definitely. Not sure I qualify for 'Cute Bookworm', though. o.O I am also a parish librarian, but I am not sure any of the librarian tropes fit me. Double o.O.

Brutal Honesty - I realize I have this tendency. Surprisingly, it usually does not result in Apologizes A Lot.

Dumb Blonde - Averted. I have never had a dumb blonde joke made to me in reference to me. This is a very good thing, as far as I am concerned.

Grammar Nazi - Oh, so much.

Gratuitous German - Uh, yes, I do this. I need to do it more often. I need to practice it, nicht wahr? It is also very funny to do this to telemarketers. I am always polite to them, though. I just tell them, "Ich kann Sie nicht verstanden. Bitte wiederholen Sie und sprechen Sie langsam," ("I cannot understand you. Please repeat that and speak more slowly.") They usually hang up.

Hair of Gold - A bit. I think. Maybe?

J. R. R. Tolkien - My hero and role model.

Most Tropers Are Young Nerds - Yep.

So You Want To Be The Next J. R. R. Tolkien - Uh, yes. Yes, I do. Very much.

Southern-Fried Genius - My goal.

Throw the Book At Them - I have been known to do this. Some characters in my stories have also been known to do this.

I may think of more tropes later. Anyway. This is a start. A very random 400th post, but have you come to expect anything different from me?

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment