Monday, May 13, 2013

Why I Don't See Any Problem With Faith & Science


A university student once sat on a train next to an old man praying the Rosary. "Do you believe in such things?" the student asked the man.
 
"Yes, I do. Don't you?" asked the man.
 
Laughing, the student said, "I don't believe in such silly things. Take my advice. Throw the Rosary out of this window and learn what science has to say."
 
"Science? I don't understand," said the man. "Maybe you can explain it to me."
 
The student offered, "Give me your address and I'll send you some literature."
 
After fumbling in his pocket, the old man drew out his business card. The boy looked at the card and burned with shame.
 
It read, "Louis Pasteur, Director of the Institute of Scientific Research, Paris."


I love my faith. We don't run around telling people they're going to Hell, we don't insist the Earth is no older than 6000 years, and we don't disallow medicine and other weird things.

We're actually pretty rational.

Which is always a great way to be!

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment