Thursday, May 9, 2013

Some Sherlock Stuff, I Don't Know Why

I really need to find this show and watch it. One cannot subsist upon clips on YouTube alone.


As a bonus, this one doubles as anti-Twilight!! Epic win. What makes it even better is that the posters are apparently in German (yay for Germany arranging them like this), as the one one the left says: "Sherlock Holmes - Spiel Im Schatten", which, before any of you out there get any ideas, does not contain a bad word but just means, "Game of Shadows," - more, literally, "Game in the Shadow."

I've actually seen the first Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey, Jr. I couldn't really get into it, though. For one thing, his clean-shavennes was weird. Relative clean-shavenness, at any rate. That, and I kept expecting him to bust out his Stark Tech and start blasting people with repulsors. Also, I don't know, but I just didn't care for Jude Law as Watson. Now, a short guy in a cuddly sweater, on the other hand...

Just sayin'.


I would just like to point out that this is a perfectly valid, nay, indeed a perfectly understandable and expected reaction on encountering the vast majority of fanfiction out there. Because fangirls are creepy.

Someday I should really post my Guidelines for Sane Shipping. Thoughts or suggestions, anyone? Do you think I should?


I really did like the Wishbone show years ago. Educational, too.

Okay, I admit it, I still have a lot of the books, too. My little brother is reading them now. I'm so proud.



That is like the best line from The Avengers. That whole scene, really, starting with, "I'm not overly fond of what follows," all the way up to, "Are we done here?" And now we know what happens when the unstoppable force of Mjolnir meets the immovable object that is Captain America's shield.

KABOOM.

I also love the way Loki is just sitting there watching with a smirk. All he needed was some popcorn.


I am still waiting for an opportunity to announce, "Not our divison!" in real life. You'd think it wouldn't be that hard, but apparently it is.


This is obviously not my art; can't you read the tag that says LupinLuva.deviantart.com? I love it when artists put their names on stuff. That way I don't have to fight with Google Images to try to figure out who originally did it so I can credit them. I'm usually pretty slow to put art up on my blog unless I know who it is and can say, "Hey, look at the wonderful art this person did! Go check out everything else they have done."
Because I know that's what I sure would want to be done for me if I posted my art on the Internet.


Yay for fandoms rescuing each other! This is where crossover fanfics are born. And some of them are very good. I found one the other day that involved Harry Potter running afoul of S.H.I.E.L.D from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It led to, among other shenanigans, Harry stealing Nick Fury's phone from his pocket without him noticing it and replacing it with a note written on parchment. Much to the bafflement of everyone else.

So, yeah, win. Also saw one where Harry Potter turned out to be a Maia in the service of Mandos. Of course, I know that if you have not read The Silmarillion you have no idea just how epic and/or hilarious that prospect is.

I really need to find someone in real life with whom I can discuss The Silmarillion...


All I can say is that this guy is amazing. I can't believe he actually did that. I can't imagine what everyone else has to be thinking... I like how they're giving him a wide berth! I probably would, too... at first, until I realized what was going on. Then I might ask him why he was harpooning the pig in the first place.

Then everyone else would give me really weird looks, too...


So, apparently Sherlock is an otter. Not sure what prompted it, but, hey, I'll come along for the ride...


And so Martin Freeman is also a hedgehog. Go figure.

...I'm not sure what's going on in that last picture of him, but it is priceless.


And so Mycroft is an owl... *snerk*


...which leaves Moriarty to be the Geico Gecko and a bunch of other unsavory lizards. My work here is done. XD

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

P.S. This is my 350th post. Go me. I guess I should have done some sort of Tolkien tribute to mark it, but I forgot. Oops.

1 comment:

  1. AHHHHH loved this!!! I have all the Seasons of Sherlock and can bbring them home when I come (in August) and we can watch them.... or I know they are on Netflix instant streaming.

    ReplyDelete