Monday, May 13, 2013

Because Everyone Wants Bofur As Their BFF


Can you see why?

I loved the hat before I went and saw the movie; afterwards (when not being struck incoherent by the majesty of the Durin line), I loved him for his personality. One of my favorite parts about the movie that I wasn't expecting was the conversation between Bilbo and Bofur in the Misty Mountains, where Bilbo is trying to leave and Bofur tells him he can't: "No, you're one of us now. You're part of the Company."

And if you didn't love the, "Think furnace, with wings!" comment, I just don't know what to say...


I had fun making that... I have also noticed that I got the quote a bit wrong... ah, well, it's not like most people get the quotes right, anyway. (Though this does cast a bit of a shadow on my status as an ultimate Tolien nerd.)

Have you ever noticed that Boromir does not say, "One does not simply walk into Mordor," while holding his hand in that memetic position. No, his fingers are at his forehead when he says that line. He's saying, "The great Eye is ever watchful," when he curls his fingers around.

Too late now, though: the meme is up and away like a runaway horse, and it will never be caught now.

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

1 comment:

  1. I *loved* that conversation he had with Bilbo. I don't know why, and I cannot remember the very words, but when I watched the movie for the second time, I *listened* to it. All the while, Thorin was listening...

    Yeah, I think you are slowly turning Bofur into my fifth favorite dwarf... :D

    Concerning the dragon, I thought that was great. The look on Bilbo's face after Bofur explained it in that way was incredible. :D Hehe.

    ~Natsu

    ReplyDelete