Friday, September 23, 2011

TGIF

Yep. Thank goodness it's Friday.

Which is very good, because I about went totally overload this week (no, I'm not sure if that's use according to the strict rules of grammar, either) over my dual research papers. Yeesh. I spent another hour in Collier Library today and at least came up with two books about Hammurabi's Code (which I think I will do my history paper on rather than the Epic of Gilgamesh. You should have seen my parents' faces when I tried explaining Gilgamesh to them. It was particularly prize, in a painful sort of yep-that's-what-I-have-to-write-about sort of way), in addition to two books about the South that are really interesting. This in addition to the two books from a parishoner sitting on my dresser that I haven't finished.

I usually don't get this behind on books. I read really fast. Have I mentioned that I read Harry Potter 7 in one day? Or the entire three-volume set of the Lord of the Rings in a day and a half? Or all of the Narnia books in a day? Or the Poem of the Man-God by Maria Valtorta, a five-volume set of tiny-print 800-page books, in two weeks? Yep. I read fast. The worst thing I can say about a book is that I couldn't finish it. And unfortunately that has happened a few times. Usually it happens because of particularly reprehensible immorality on part of the major characters, and/or general stupidity of the whole book. There was one book I read extremely fast, just to get it over with. One word: Twilight.

Pardon me while I go throw up somewhere besides my keyboard.

....Okay, I'm back. Yeah, I hate Twilight. I never liked it. Which is nice, because now I can laugh at all the people now who are saying, "I can't see why I ever liked that series," and, "We're going to go see the last movie- just to make fun of it." Yep, I'd be one of those people screaming, "JUMP!" if I ever saw Edward or Bella at the top of a skyscraper. I hate them. But it's a rant that I need to cut short...

On an amusing note, Dr. Bibbee also made fun of Twilight in class today, which is probably what helped bring it to mind. Hmm... Other books I hate? Wings of a Falcon by... oh, I can't think of her name. But it has come to symbolize all evil books in my mind. The Inkspell series is also particularly bad. And anything by Robin McKinley... if I have her name right.

I'll stay with Ranger's Apprentice, Percy Jackson, and Carter Kane, if you don't mind. * squeals with joy * The next Ranger's Apprentice book and the next book by Rick Riordan are BOTH coming out on October 4!!!! I am totally going to go to Books-a-Million that day and get the books. THEN I will cruelly text my cousin, just to say, "Nyah, nyah, nyah, I have The Son of Neptune and you don't!"

Yeah, I'm cruel.

But, anyway... Oh, yeah, I was talking about my history paper, wasn't I? I worked on my outline yesterday. Actually I did most of the outline for the Epic of Gilgamesh, then switched primary source and had to do it all over again with Hammurabi's Code. Bleagh.

I am in a better mood now, however, which is good. You're more productive in a good mood, I think, than you are in a bad one.

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment