Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Honors Forum Mishap

Last night we didn't have much of an honors forum, as our guest speaker didn't show. I don't blame you, Dr. Brewton; mistakes can happen to anyone. I wasn't much put out, anyway.

Anyway, our guest speaker was supposed to be Dean Jacobs of the College of Education, if I wrote that down right...

On an almost completely unrelated topic (other than the fact that I heard it last night also), interior design is now called HES- human environmental science? This is beyond ridiculous... *bangs head repeatedly against nearby wall*

On a totally unrelated topic, I did go to convocation today and not just for the free food. The guest speaker was very good, although I am too lazy at the moment to walk up two flights of stairs and hunt for the booklet/brochure/whatever that had her name on it. I do remember that she was an obstetrician/gynecologist (and I probably spell that horrendously wrong) and graduated from UAB. I think. Which might explain the green on her robe as UAB is the Blazers, and a Blazer is a green dragon. If it has a name, you can tell me it; I don't know it, although I have a cousin at UAB. Hey, my mom didn't even know what a Blazer was....

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment