Monday, September 19, 2011

Okay, Overload is Beginning to Set In Now...

I'm taking 19 hours of classes.

Yep, I get that reaction from everyone. Even grown-ups. It's not encouraging.

Overload may be beginning to sink in.

It's history that's the breaking point. Doing a research paper for history as well as English stinks. The more so as I know what I would like to do for English but not for history other than "The Epic of Gilgamesh proves that a long time ago in the Middle East they were beating each other up and picking leaders based on apparent strength, much like they do today". GAAAAAAH. I actually have a Calculus test tomorrow and I'm not worried in the least about it. It's derivatives and I like derivatives. Calculus homework, however, decided not to agree with me today...

I wised up and brought a coat with me to the meat locker (a.k.a. language lab) today. You can watch Turkish TV in there. No kidding. At least according to the paper taped to the wall. I am also officially angry at the Coke machine in Wesleyan. It took my quarters and it didn't give me my Coke. However, I had Elaine's chocolate chip cookies with me so shortly after I was again happy with the world. (She baked 60 yesterday. We ate approximately 48 of them before they could even cool. She makes wonderful cookies. We got the recipe from a cousin, who also makes wonderful cookies. Cookies solve all your problems except for weight loss.)

To the lobby fixtures/people who hang out in the lobby of Lafayette and talk, if my piano playing disrupts you, just come right out and tell me! I am magnetically attracted to pianos and if there is one in the room I will immediately go over and begin touching it. After 12 years of lessons, it's instinct. At the very least I hope my music selections are pleasant. Someone seems to like 'Linus and Lucy' and I KNOW everyone likes Fuer Elise... It's quite the crowd-pleaser. Heh, heh. No one looks up when I play 'The Prayer', but you will be FORCED to look up when I play 'The Imperial March' (a.k.a. Darth Vader's Theme). Pun intended.

Right now I should really be doing homework... No one else seems compelled to update their blog as frequently as I do. But, then, I don't check out other people's blogs that much, so what do I know...

I promise, I really do intend to get pictures up on my blog sometime in the relatively near future! It just hasn't happened yet. Ich habe keine Zeit!!!!

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment