Friday, November 30, 2012

Okay, okay, I shall admit the irony about my previous post. I am still a teenager myself. But I don't scream.

On a better note, the Association for the Education of Jorunalism something-something-something is celebrating its 100th birthday today and had cake (a strawberry cake and a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing) out in the lobby of the comunications building. So I gave my last speech of the semester and then got cake! It made up for a lot of the high schooler idiocy.

The Jesus people were again not present. Perhaps the high schoolers scared them off. Or maybe they simply got tired of preaching to the squirrels...

The landscaping people are digging up the president's lawn again. Why are they doing that? It appears to have something to do with water lines, however. Does the lawn need a new sprinkler system?

Also, back to Paradise Lost, people were taking it far too seriously. One girl was quoting Genesis by chapter and verse. Really? You can definitely tell we are in the Bible Belt... Christian, a fellow Catholic, admitted to trolling the class about Milton being inspired and God not being perfect in trusting satan and commented that everyone's reaction was like, "18 Bibles being pulled out of thin air." Which is the most hilarious and most apt (aptest?) thing I have heard in a long time about Bible-thumpers...

Pardon me while I go laugh myself silly again...

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh out loud. Again. XD Those cakes= AWWW YEAHHHH.

    ReplyDelete