Friday, November 29, 2013

Royalty of Middle-Earth








The gif set I found contained only those gifs. Now, while it contains very beautiful gifs, I have a few issues with it. Firstly, why did they pick *that* gif of Thorin? I would have picked something more like this:


Also, they left out Eomer.

THEY LEFT OUT EOMER.

*wails and flails with incoherent rage*

All right, I get it that he was not born a prince. He's only the son of Théoden's favorite younger sister and her husband. Theodred is the prince of Rohan. HOWEVER, when Theodred is killed at the Fords of Isen and Théoden falls in the Battle of the Pelennor Fields, Eomer becomes the King of Rohan. So he definitely qualifies as a king here, people!


Eomer has noticed your insult to his awesomeness. He is not pleased.


Eomer is judging you for your discrimination. I am judging you for your discrimination. To atone for your discrimination, I shall post all of my Eomer gifs. I shall also post my Eowyn gifs, as she becomes the sister of a king and marries Faramir, who becomes the Prince of Ithilien once Aragorn takes the throne of Gondor (and Arnor, which is completely glossed over in the movie, by the way). So she also definitely counts.

Rohan for the win!





One of these days, I am going to have to follow through on my threat and count the number of times Théoden shares a scene with Eomer, talks to him, or even mentions him, compared to the number of times he is seen with Eowyn, talks to her, or mentions her, in both TTT and ROTK. I'm sure it will be illuminating. Grr. My theory is that Théoden developed Eomer-amnesia in the movies.

I mean, I'm all for meaningful uncle-niece interaction. He practically raised her, after all. But I just want to shake Théoden and go, "YOU HAVE A NEPHEW, TOO, YOU KNOW!" I mean, Eomer did his best to save Theodred and brought him back to Edoras (at least in the movie) and you never even thanked him for the chance to say goodbye to your son! You never thanked him for saving your sorry hide at the Hornburg! You never even apologized for (unknowingly) banishing him!

You could at least say you're sorry, dude.

*storms off in a huff*

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment