Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Briefly Interrupting the Hobbit Spam

...to bring you Catholic memes. It is all part of our grand scheme to evangelize the world, don't you know. And Phase 1 is already in place. See?


*rubs hands evilly* Time to get to work.


G. K. Chesterton for the win. His quotes are always so amazing, so applicable, and so *right* that you could slap them on pictures from just about any fandom and it would be perfect. We need more GKC in our modern world.


This is just a reaction meme graced by Pope Benedict XVI, not intended as a commentary on my previous statement about the world needing more GKC.


If I am ever in a position where I need to use this one, I shall immediately follow it up with lots of Catholic spam. Because I am a troll that way. XD


I love this one. Who knew Fullmetal Alchemist and a line from "The Magnificat" would combine so perfectly? See, Catholics know how to do humor concerning their faith without also doing irreverence. Protestants can't always do the humor part since they're so hung up on the reverence part (and even then... sometimes their priorities are skewed) and modern culture is so hung up on thinking humor comes only from irreverence that most of the time their end result is all irreverence and no humor.

Just sayin'.


"Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD, your God, is giving you."

Although... well... Van Hohenheim isn't the best dad. I can understand why he had to go off to save the world by creating his second array that canceled the Homonulorum Father's array. I can understand how he wanted to learn how to stop being a Philosopher's Stone (long story) so he could grow old and die with his family.

BUT! You can't just leave your family with no explanation for ten years and then show up again. And have the gall to be surprised that your wife has died, your kids have grown up, and your house has been burned to the ground. Seriously.

I was reading that part in the manga when Hohenheim turns up again and I was chanting to myself under my breath, "Punch him, Ed! Punch him in the face! Punch him with your right arm!" (Context: Ed's right arm is made of metal.)

So... yeah... Hohenheim may be a good person, but not always the best dad.

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment