Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I SEE FIRE

The ending credits song for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug has been revealed as, "I See Fire," by Ed Sheeran. Now, I know absolutely nothing about this guy, so I had no expectations as I listened to the song. At first, I was confused, since it sounds quite different than the rest of the songs from Middle-earth. (Then again, so did Song of the Lonely Mountain.) Guitar isn't the first instrument I think of for Middle-earth.

However, I kept listening... and at the end, I was crying.

Just listen to it all the way. Give it a shot. Don't do anything else while you listen to it. Just close your eyes and focus on the lyrics. This song is full of worry and terror and loyalty. I can practically see the destruction Smaug has wreaked and will wreak.

Listen to it here.

Do it.


I am so going to cry in theaters, I just know it.

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment