Monday, September 9, 2013

Happy Birthday, Martin Freeman!

Yesterday was Martin Freeman's birthday! He turned 42. This is especially appropriate in light of the fact that he played Arthur Dent in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, wherein '42' is the answer to the question asking the meaning of life, the universe, and everything.

Since he then went on to play Bilbo, perhaps this is proof that Bilbo, Middle-earth, and Tolkien's creations are the ultimate answer to life, the universe, and everything?

It's an encouraging thought.


I now feel compelled to post many pictures (and gifs, if they will work) of Martin Freeman in an effort to show just how much the Tolkien fandom loves his portrayal of Bilbo. Once you're embraced by the Tolkien fandom, we love you forever. That's just how it is.


Oh my gosh, it actually worked! This is one of my brother's favorite gifs. We keep telling him he needs to get suspenders so he can imitate Bilbo, but no success so far.

 
Yay for the Bilbo gifs! This one is simply hilarious. He's happily squeezing - is that lemon? - on his fish when the doorbell rings... and looks up with that utterly annoyed glare. Perfect!


Bilbo is not impressed with your shenanigans.


This gif is just pure happiness. The blue butterflies, the wonderfully wonderful blue sky, and the look of sheer delight on Bilbo's face... beautiful. :)


The only proper way to run out your door each morning, as demonstrated by Bilbo Baggins of the Shire.


The only proper way to avoid obstacles in your path as you run out your door each morning, as demonstrated by Bilbo Baggins of the Shire.


This is applicable in many situations.


I didn't realize I had so many Bilbo gifs.


This gif pretty much sums up the fandom's feelings towards Bilbo at this point, in more ways than one. I am using it to convey appreciation for Martin Freeman today, in case you're wondering.

Sometimes these things must be clarified.



I really underestimated the amount of Martin Freeman related gifs I have.


Yes, you two. You've ruined my life. Happy now?


This gif NEVER gets old! Ahahaha. I should have kept the other two - one of him doing a hilarious pose for the camera, and the other of him just going around in circles on the set with his hobbit feet and costume. LOL.


I'm going in alphabetical order of my gifs. Oh, look, the first Watson one appeared. I can't remember if he says this exact quote at this moment, but this gif was going through my head at the moment anyway.


Aaaaaand we're back to Bilbo. Yes, I realize that it is the same give as #I CAN'T but with a different caption. But who cares?


Oops, I forgot this one. It's from the vlogs. That's Graham McTavish/Dwalin hugging Martin, in case you can't figure it out. They're posing for a picture - I can't remember who was taking it. Oh, well, just go watch all the vlogs and find out for yourself.


And that is the end of my Martin Freeman gifs, folks. Yes, at long last. You DON'T want me to try and post all my Bilbo pictures. If I do that, I will be here forever.

...Hmm... sometime I ought to try posting all my Thorin gifs. That would take a very long while, as well...

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment