Friday, September 20, 2013

GKC For The Win!

Have I mentioned how much I love G. K. Chesterton today?


I'm collecting these quote cards of him. I'm really not apologetic about my admiration of him, am I? But he just makes so much sense!

I'm listing today some of my favorite GKC quotes. Don't worry. They're short and to the point.

"Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly."

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried."

"There are two ways to get enough. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less."


"Impartiality is a pompous name for indifference, which is an elegant name for ignorance."

"To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it."

"The word 'good' has many meanings. For example, if a man were to shoot his grandmother at a range of five hundred yards, I should call him a good shot, but not necessarily a good man."

"[Feminism] is mixed up with a muddled idea that women are free when they serve their employers but slaves when they help their husbands."


"Dear Sir: regarding your article, 'What's Wrong with the World?' I am. Yours truly."

"It isn't that they can't see the solution. It is that they can't see the problem."

"Drink because you are happy, but never because you are miserable."

"People use statistics the way a drunk uses a lamppost - more for support than for illumination."

G. K. Chesterton a day keeps insanity at bay!

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment