Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Because I Won't Be Ashamed Of My Faith

The battlefield is the heart of man.

-- Fyodor Dostoevsky

Hey, everyone! I found some great links if you like Catholic humor and quotes! I'm not on Facebook myself (*adopts Gollum voice* very scary place, mustn't go there) but here's some neat pages:

Catholic Gag

MONKROCK

And, of course, there's always Catholic Memes.


I have never had this happen, to my knowledge, although I have the sneaking suspicion that one of my confessions the priest had to cover up a laugh... One of the sins confessed involved kicking someone on the shin. It was about that point when I heard the suspicious noise.

XD I obviously don't mind sharing this story. Don't worry, I apologized to the guy. Apologizing to him for kicking him in the shin and for slamming him into a wall seemed to make him stop annoying me. The awkwardnes apparently was too great for the desire to annoy. Or perhaps the wall part made him think twice...

I don't know. It was several years ago now... Lessee... Goodness, it was like four years ago. Crikey. I feel old now.

Oh, and here's a very pretty picture, of one of my favorite saints (it's hard to pick just one, though):


Guess whose feast day is Sunday, the 29th? I don't care what crazy stories are told about him in modern fiction (I'm looking at you, Supernatural), St. Michael is awesome.


Here's another good one from the Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen:

Do not fear God for perfect love casts out fear. God is biased in your favor. God is more lenient than you because He is perfectly good and, therefore, loves you more. Be bold enough then, to believe that God is on your side, even when you forget to be on His.

Think on that a little more often.

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment