Monday, April 29, 2013

I Need a Pick-Me-Up

Therefore, my solution is cookies and Hobbit pictures. What? I find nothing wrong with that solution. Cookies have lots of sugar and I find my creativity and productivity is shockingly but directly correlated with sugar a lot of the times. Also, I believe strongly in humor as a tool of communication (an amused audience is an audience that feels more benignly towards the speaker and is more likely to listen), so it stands to reason that humor is also very useful in other parts of one's life.

I think it has been scientifically proven that happy people live longer. If not, it should be. (I always love how people say, "Science has proven that..." when they themselves never understand the 'science' involved in 'proving' whatever theory of theirs they wish was proven.)

So, without further ado:

 
 
Someone obviously had far too much fun photoshopping that. However they are, I applaud them. My photoshopping skills are about nil. It's all I can do to crop, paste, and edit things in Paint. And Paint is a fiendish program. I don't know if it has layers like Photoshop, but it won't let me click back on something I've clicked off of, which is particularly evil.
 
 
Oh, I am happy. I fully know and understand the value of education. However... I have two Cal 3 tests in one week. This week. My brain is already weeping. Hence, the need for a pick-me-up, and what better way to do it than this.
 
And music. TH:AUJ soundtrack, currently, but I have also subsisted upon the first Narnia soundtrack and Celtic Woman over the weekend. Sometime I should do a Celtic Woman tribute post, because they are amazing, seriously amazing. I've even been to two of their concerts.
 


The return of Smiguel!


Ahaha. In that case, I know Elvish, because this makes perfect sense to me. It's just elementary calculus, my dear Watson. I wonder... is it Sindarin or Quenya, because Tolkien had two different Elvish languages, you know? Actually, the thing is, the letters on the Ring are Elvish letters (the Elvish alphabet, you might say, called the Tengwar), but the language is the Black Speech of Mordor.

It reads, incidentally: Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum ishi krimpatul.

Yes, that was from memory.

Most people just don't understand that an alphabet and a language aren't the same thing. For instance, I am using the English language at the moment, but the letters I am using are from what is called the Roman alphabet. It is also used by most European languages, with a few differences here and there (a-umlaut, o-umlaut, u-umlaut, and the ess-tset in German, for instance).

Anyway.


Poor Kili. I have cookies, if you want one, although it's not the same...

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment