Thursday, December 6, 2012

Consolation Picture(s)


To console myself for the horrible screen image YouTube, in its infinite wisdom, has decided to put up on the post below this one for my honors forum video, I am posting this nice picture of Dwalin with a lantern.

This picture brings to mind the fact that for St. Nicholas's day I and my siblings (that sounds so awkward. It sounds so much more natural to say "me and my family") received the LEGO Hobbit memory game. So we put it together this afternoon and played it. I was Fili. I also lost. If you know me at all, you also probably know that I WIN at memory games. I also win at games like Go Fish since I remember what people have asked for. However, this LEGO game doesn't really depend so much on memory as much as it does on pure luck to win. If you use your memory to get a match, you get 1 point. However, if you randomly stumble across a Dwarf tile, you get 10 points.

It's like LEGO is saying, "Haha! Take that, puny human brain!"

There is also, however, an online version of the game at LEGO.com that works the same way, wherein you are Gandalf and you play against Kili. The first few times I played it, I lost miserably. However, when I finally figured out how the game worked, I proceeded to beat Kili soundly. Then I went to hard mode and beat him again. It was very therapeutic. It's also amusing to see the little LEGO minifigures hop around. XD

Oh, and speaking of minifigures, the Hobbit cast received the LEGO versions of themselves. I haven't been able to locate all the pictures yet, so here's one of the best ones.

 
And, yes, if you click on the picture, it will enlarge so you can see the adorable little Bilbo minifigure better. I have almost all of the LOTR LEGO sets and I am very much hoping to expand my collection with Hobbit LEGO sets!
 
Must collect all the Dwarf minifigures. Must collect all the Dwarf minifigures. Gotta catch 'em all...
 
In Pace Christi,
 
Elyse
 

No comments:

Post a Comment