Monday, October 10, 2011

Slightly Less Insane

I am marginally less unhappy than I was last week.

Turns out that the infamous Athens/Spart paper Dr. Bibbee assigned us last week will be counted as the out-of-class essay for our second test and not as an entirely separate grade. I am much more inclined to doing it now. The only weird part was that we peer-reviewed it today in class (translate: we let other kids read it and then tell us how bad it was). Ooookay. I am wondering just how much time we will spend on Athens/Sparta. And Dr. Bibbee told us we will not spend much time on it.

He must have a different definition of 'not much time' than I do.

Well, we were assigned the paper last Monday and dismissed to go do research. Last Wednesday we were given the outline of the paper and today we reviewed it. Wednesday, thank goodness, we will be looking over Thucydides's account of the invasion of Melos by Athens in the Pelopennesian War. And, no, I don't think I spelled that right, either. I don't think I could have taken another straight class of this stupid Athens/Sparta paper.

I really think Athens was more in the right, but I'm getting really tired of everything being focused on those two cities. Which is why I felt a sort of vindictive pleasure when the account by Thucydides portrayed the Athenians as the unjust aggressors. Ha!

Yep, I'm weird.

I have decided that Floyd is the warmest building. In contrast, Wesleyan (the castle, to those of you who never bother learning the buildings' names) is the coldest. Coming from the top floor of Wesleyan down to the basement of Floyd is quite a temperature shock. The warmth is probably another reason why I keep almost falling asleep in chemistry each day. One of these days, I will simply lean forward and sleep on the desk. I know I will. Please, someone wake me up before the next class stampedes in, though. I don't want to get trampled.

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment