Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday's Aren't Really So Bad. Sometimes.

I think I'm a cheerful person by nature, so I (usually) don't stay mad about things I can't control for very long. Actually, when I was coming up with a title for this post, I only added the 'sometimes' after remembering last night. You know, the tornadoes and everything. I wonder what time it was when I finaly got to sleep. It was probably nearing 1 o'clock in the morning. I ended up sleeping in the basement.

Needless to say, I almost fell asleep today at UNA. I seriously thought I was going to fall asleep in calculus this morning, and it didn't help that I had my head on my desk... And for the first time in a long while, I almost fell asleep in chemistry. I had been doing so good for such a long time at staying awake in there- the cold weather and the new semester probably helped with that. I'm trying not to get too comfortable here while I'm typing or I'll just nod off. I'm not very good at taking naps but I can if I'm really tired.

Oh, and no complaints about the shuttles for once. Yay. Any school day is good, I think, when you get home by 11:15 or so.

And the sun actually came out today! Cue cheers of happiness from everyone. It was so odd seeing everyone run around in short-sleeved t-shirts, but, as Dr. Gren said, even if it's crazy weather for late January we should enjoy it while we can.

I don't actually check the weather forecast before I head out in the morning. I just look at the thermometer and the general state of the skies outside and plan accordingly. I'm pretty good at predicting rain by now (of course, it also helps that it's been raining a lot recently...) and wearing my boots so I don't have to splash through two-inch puddles in tennis shoes. Which is NOT fun, let me assure you, as they do not dry out for hours. By the way, I was walking through my yard earlier, and the ground squished. The ground should not squish.

As for choosing how many layers to wear, I tend to err on the side of, "I'd rather take off my jacket because I'm too warm rather than freeze," which tends to work pretty well. (Yes, I suppose I am laughing at you, Amy. :) That's okay. I freeze occasionally, too.)

Tomorrow I have chemistry lab. I wonder what sort of shenanigans we will get up to then. Popping popcorn was fun. Hopefully we will do something as equally entertaining. Boil red cabbage and mess with its pH level? I've done that here at home. Great fun, I assure you... especially when you are abetted by a little brother who is an aspiring mad scientist. Haha. When he learned I had chemistry lab for a class, he was amazed and drew a picture of what he thought a science lab looked like- complete with evil scientist test tubes and evil contraptions. I didn't have the heart to burst his bubble and tell him Floyd Hall was much more mundane.

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment