Wednesday, January 8, 2014

We're Enantiomers

'Enantiomer' is my go-to chemical simile when I'm trying to describe two things that are alike and yet opposite. If you've taken organic, you know why. If you haven't, don't worry.


My latest comparison to enantiomers is atheists versus Christians. We're both human, and yet our outlooks are totally different. As evidence, I submit this thing I found on either Catholic Memes, Catholic Anime, or Catholic Gag (I can't remember which). I'm retyping it here since Google is still broken as far as posting pictures goes.




An Atheist's View on Life

I will live my life according to these beliefs
God does not exist
It is just foolish to think
That there is a God with a cosmic plan
That an all-powerful God brings redemption and healing to the pain and suffering of the world
Is a comforting thought, however
It
Is only wishful thinking
People can do as they please without eternal consequences
The idea that
I am deserving of Hell
Because of sin
Is a lie meant to make me a slave to those in power
"The more you have, the happier you will be"
Our existence has no grand meaning or purpose
In a world with no God
There is freedom to be who I want to be
But with God
Everything is fine
It is ridiculous to think
I am lost and in need of saving

A Christian's View of Life
(read this bottom to top)

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment