Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

No, I did not dress up in a costume today, and I certainly didn't go trick-or-treating. Now, if I had a hobbit costume, I might have done the dressing-up part. As for trick-or-treating, I find it much simpler to go buy what I want.

HOWEVER, I did see some interesting costumes today on campus, beginning with the green-haired fairy from Fairly Odd Parents (I do not know the name). I also saw a witch, Ronald Weasley, a girl who may have been Alice in Wonderland (or Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz, who knows?), Cindy-Lou-Who, and another girl in Christmas attire. I heard a few other girls were going around as 'sorority girls'; not sure how they managed that but it mustn't have been too hard.

Another reason why I did not join a sorority: I heard that the Zeta Tau Alphas went around painting their letters (and those of Sigma Chi, for whatever reason) on people's cars. Apparently, the police showed up and would have charged them with vandalism if they didn't start cleaning it up. The sorority was tired of it by then, so they made Sigma Chi clean it up. At least, so went the gossip in computer class Tuesday.

The best costume of all today was undoubtedly the Willy Wonka and the four nigh-identical Oompa-Loompas going around with him (Wonka's little green-haired minions are called the Oompa-Loompas, right? Or is that the candy?). Their costumes were first-class. Wonka's was especially nice, with the hat, the purple coat, and the cane- the whole nine yards. I just managed to catch a glimpse of them as I headed for the shuttle- they were strolling by in front of Bibb Graves as if they owned the place.

I heard they were a sensation on Twitter. Wouldn't know myself, as I am not on Twitter. Wish I had thought to take a picture, though... Sigh.

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment