Saturday, April 5, 2014

Dang You, Ed

So I bought the three-volume set of volumes 19, 20, and 21 of Fullmetal Alchemist today. Much epicness ensued. My family can testify that my reactions pretty much consisted of incoherent wailing and flailing.

Also, the words, "Dang you, Ed," were mentioned a few times. Why? Take a look:


It's not fair. It's just not fair. It was okay in the first few volumes because he was still a cute little kid. But now time has gone past (there's been a 6-month timeskip, too) and... well... Ed definitely looks older. Dang him.

I have other feels about Fullmetal right now (most of the Greed-related... weirdly enough. These three volumes really made me like Greed and Hohenheim, two characters whom I had just been meh about before), but let's just make this post Ed-centric, shall we?



Okay, so this post may also degenerate into anti-Twilight... but that is always an acceptable usage of a post and I am perfectly happy to demonstrate the manifold ways in which Edward Elric > Edward Cullen.

There is one and only Team Edward to which you should belong. Just sayin'.






Funnily enough, I actually got to this part in the manga today. He punched through a wall and choked a guy. While still standing on the other side of the wall.

WHILE STILL EATING.

In fact, some soldiers are pointing guns at him, and, "NOM NOM NOM" is written next to him to denote his nonchalant chewing.

Edward Elric, people.


Look, it's Ed being adorable for once! Quick, get the camera and record the moment for posterity!


AKA that moment in the first episode when you realized things were probably going to get epic.


AKA that moment in the first episode when you knew things were gonna get EPIC.

And things have only gotten more epic from there.

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

1 comment:

  1. Gaah! I really need to finish that manga. :) Best manga ever. And then I'll watch the anime. XD

    ReplyDelete