Monday, March 5, 2012

Oh, no! Everyone's gone Greek! RUN!

AUGH! Apparently, it's Greek Week on campus! At least, the chalk drawings on the sidewalks said it was.

Where do I go to hide until the madness is all over with???

Confession time: three different sororities contacted me after I applied at UNA. Needless to say, I ignored them all. My dad did say that if I joined any of them (my family would have fainted from shock had I actually done so), I should join Alpha Delta Phi (I have that name right, don't I?), as I would apparently have some sort of legacy there, as several of my aunts have gone there. At least, I think it was ADPhi.

Dad was in ATO, certainly. Unless I'm horribly mistaken, Christian in my calculus class is in ATO. Mom and dad have been daring me to wear one of dad's old ATO shirts to calculus and see if he notices anything. I don't think he would, but they seem to. (Why are they even so interested? That's a good question...) Dad also told me to ask him if he's ever heard of a corral party. I have not done so. I don't think I ever will. If hell were to freeze over and I actually did so, I would probably end up crawling away under the desks in shame. I'm not good at talking to random people!

While I'm on the subject, dad's brothers may have been in ATO as well. I do believe their dad was made an honorary ATO. Apparently, some of the fraternity's corral parties were hosted out in his barn lot. (I am now pondering how many of them ended up in cow poop before the party was over. Bet they never expected a REAL corral.)

Okay, you have been treated to one of my random thought processes. You are welcome.

I'm surprised I'm not going off on some philosophical tangent, as I am currently in a very philosophical mood as I just got a new philosophy book and am contemplating my existence... Hahaha, no, actually, I'm not, but I've always wanted to say that, it sounds so very dorky... Actually, if I am contemplating anything (besides cow patties), I am contemplating the fifth dimension. What is the fifth dimension, you may ask? Well, we all know what the three dimenions are, hopefully... (the x-, y-, and z- axes), and here's a clue: the fourth dimension is time. Each dimension transcends the former, although it is immanent in it... so, here's the question: can any of you guess what the fifth dimension is?

If anyone can guess what it is, I will be amazed at finding a kindred soul and will probably ask you if you also read Peter Kreeft. (I am an avid collector of his works. The fact that he is also a huge Tolkien fan does not hurt.)

As an aside, THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY comes out in nine-ish months! I can't wait! And The Kane Chronicles: The Serpent's Shadow is coming out in less than two months! Smiley face!

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment