Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Winter Break Is Great

I still can't get used to the fact that I can actually sleep in till, oh, I don't know, seven in the morning. It's great not having class and no homework to do. Not that I have exactly nothing to do... My dad has found things for me to do, shelling pecans and whatnot. We have a pecan tree that produces a LOT of pecans (one Saturday we when out there for about forty-five minutes or so and picked up 13 gallons of pecans, no joke). So, yay, we get to shell them now. And it kind of hurts your fingers to do that when you have to pull the shell off and it pokes your fingers. So my fingers hurt... And I only did 1 3/4 quarts of them today, and I had help. But people will pay good money for pecans, even unshelled, and I'm not real sure why. Perhaps they are a fad or something. Next thing you know, it'll be persimmons. We have those, too, and they are VERY messy, let me tell you...

I'm not real sure what my point was when I decided to randomly post on my blog, which should be obvious as I started rambling about pecans. Yes, the joys of life on a farm. I even rode my horse today, which I haven't done in a long time. I won't be saddlesore tomorrow, though. I'm never saddlesore, and never really have been. I can sit down just fine, thank you very much. I might be a little stiff and not wanting to move fast, but I will be able to sit down just fine. So I've never really understood it in stories and stuff where someone gets on a horse for the first time, gets off, and collapses to the groan moaning that they can't walk. Am I just weird this way, or what?

Today is my sister's birthday. She's 16, so she'll be getting her driver's license. This is kind of scary. I didn't get mine until I was 17 (yes, I am really weird), so it doesn't seem right that she should be already licensed. (I actually got my license on the day she got her permit, I think.) And the fact that my brother is 13... yikes, I feel old now. I should stop before I scare myself any further.

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment