Friday, December 23, 2011

Adeste, Fideles

Because Latin is not offered at UNA, I will also go on a second small rant today and get a bit of Latin out of my system. Ahem.

Adeste, fideles
Laeti, triumphantes,
Venite, venite ad Bethlehem
Natum, videte, regem angelorum...

Cantet nunc Io
Chorus angelorum
Cantet nunc aula caelestium
Gloria, gloria in excelsis Deo...

Deum de Deo
Lumen de Lumine
Gestant puella viscera
Deum verum, genitum non factum...

Ergo, Qui natus
Die hodierna
Jesu, Tibi sit gloria
Patris Aeterni, verbum caro factum...

VENITE, ADOREMUS
VENITE, ADOREMUS
VENITE, ADOREMUS DOMINUM!

And, yes, I know what all of that means without having to look it up. I am insufferable, aren't I? Sigh... I wish UNA offered Latin. But would seem so awkward to bring it up with Dr. Christy in the middle of German. Doesn't ANYONE on the staff know it? Come on...

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment